El Banco de Querétaro
The bank was founded on 24 February 1903 with a capitalisation of $800,000. It opened on 30 July 1903Informe of Interventor Eleuterio Tejeda, 20 January 1904 in Memoria de las Instituciones del Crédito, 1903.
The bank opened a branch in Irapuato in the neighbouring state of Guanajuato on 3 December 1903 with $200,000 in notes prepared for its useinforme of Interventor Tejeda, 20 January 1904 Memoria de la Instituciones de Crédito, correspondiente al año 1903.
American Bank Note Company print runs
The American Bank Note Company produced the following notes. They engraved special vignettes of Guadalupe Obregón (C265), Maria Josepa Ortiz de Dominguez (C 264), Juan Antonio de Urrutia y Aranza (C 266), and state's coat of arms (C 881). The vignette of the aqueduct was engraved directly on to the plate.
In April 1914 the bank ordered a new print of 35,000 $5, 10,000 $10, 3,720 $20, 1,000 $50, 1,000 $100 notes, continuing the previous numeration, but stopped the order on 28 April 1914. On 2 April 1916 the ABNC invoiced the bank $105.96 for the work done before the cancellation.