Branches (Huauchinango - Morelia)
The Banco Nacional de México was the first bank to be established in the state of Sinaloa in 1889 with a branch in the port of Mazatlan under its manager, Antonio Pratts. For ten years it was the only one with credit operations in the region until the Banco Occidental de Mexico and the branch of the Banco de Londres y Mexico appeared on the scene.
The bank inherited the branch of the Banco Nacional Mexicano at 2a. calle de Regil y Estrada 2. In 1906 it acquired offices at the corner of calle 56 and calle 59.
On 23 May 1895 an audit showed that subcajero B. Castilla had stolen $1,500, including two $500 notes. Then, on 14 november 1895 cajero Max Willkomm made off with $160,000, $110,000 in notes of the Banco Yucateco and $50,000 in notes of the Banco Nacional de México itself, when an investment he had made in henequén failedABanM, Libros de Actas, 1895.
The branch was founded on 10 March 1902.