Gobierno Provisional de México Veracruz $1 notes
All were Series A. One group was dated 1 December 1914.
(1a) The first had imprint 'MEXICO OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO', title 'EL O. M. ENCARGADO DEL SRIA. DE HACIENDA, a solid pale green underprint with no pattern present, italic 'No' before serial numbers, and small ‘1’s in denomination.
(1b) These were similar except for a Roman 'No'.
(2) The next had imprint 'MEXICO OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO', title 'EL O. M. ENCARGADO DEL SRIA. DE HACIENDA, underprint Type 2 with ‘1’s with rhombus in corners, flat base ‘1’s on the face and curved base ‘1’s on the reverse.
(3) The next had imprint 'OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO', title 'EL O. M. ENCARGADO DEL SRIA. DE HACIENDA', underprint Type 2 and flat base ‘1’s on front and reverse
(4) Finally the next had flat base ‘1’s on the front and curved base ‘1’s on the back
(5) Another group was dated 5 February 1915. Some 24 million notes were printed by the Parsons Trading Company in New York. These had imprint 'MEXICO OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO', title 'P.O.DEL SRIO. EL S. S.', underprint Type 1, curved ‘1’s front and reverse, and were numbered from 6000000 to 30000000.
(6) The next were similar but had suffix “U” following the serial number.
Anastasio Rojas, in his report, records that up to 30 April 1915 the Oficina Impresora de Billetes in Veracruz had printed 1,410,000 $1 notes (16,000 in December 1914, 372,000 in January 1915, 387,000 in February and 635,000 in April). A further 24,000,000 had been printed by the Parsons Trading Company in New York. Finally the “Madero” press had produced 773,070 notes, and 42, 474 notes were still in the office2,474 in Folio y Corte and 40,000 in Revisión y Entrega. After acknowledging 1,635,000 notes printed in Mexico City, this left 2,139,456 notes to make up the decreed sum of $30,000,000CEHM, Fondo-XXI, carpeta 39, legajo 4265.
|Date of issue||Date on note||Series||from||to||total
|1 December 1914||A||small 1 in denomination
|large 1 in denomination, MEXICO OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO
|large 1 in denomination, OFICINA DEL GOBIERNO
|5 February 1915||6000001||30000000||Parsons|
|30000001||includes number 30447113CNBanxico #12252|
|A - U|